Followers

February 23, 2015

Crabby Monday...Flashback Edition





Hello, Blogville Darlings!    Goodness, we crabby girls are seriously crabby about the frigid winter weather here.    Teeheehee    Okay, we know it's supposed to be cold and snowy, but we're tropical gals and we are losing our sense of humor now.    Anyway, we have all buried in our warm sand and refuse to come out until the weather improves.

Meanwhile, we would not want to risk you forgetting all about us, so here is a FLASHBACK to a time when Oceana had not yet joined us and Shelldon was trying to add a little excitement to our crabitat.

Do any of you remember this?????
The date was September 24th of 2012...







This is me, Shelldon, asking all of you for some help.



See, I'm always looking for fun ways to liven up our crabitat and generally give Beachnut and me some excitement.  I tried the S&B Speedway...no good.   Beachnut hated the noise, the crowds, the exhaust, the terror of getting squashed.  Okay, I can see her point on that one.  I tried the S&B Golf Course...no good.  Beachnut hated the noise, the crowds, and the terror of getting whacked by a 9 iron.  Okay, so I can see her point on that one too.

Well, this time I thought I had the perfect idea!
Here's the sign for our new adventure!

Isn't this great?!?    
I thought it was a fabulous idea!   A dinosaur theme park!

 Just look at the layout!
It's so perfect.  Lots of dinos all over the place.  
On the ground, in the water, in the air!


Was Beachnut impressed......NO NO NO!   OH MY CLAWD did she ever throw another fit!  She really hit the crabitat roof over this one.   "What have you done now, Shelldon!?!" she screamed.  "These things are gigantic...and have big teeth...and WHAT IS THIS?!?"
 I tried to calm her down....I told her, that's the S&B Dinosaur Theme Park TAR PIT, of course!  It's a important part of the park.  OMC I think she's missing the novelty of this!
 
Look at the dinos in the Tar Pit...burble, glub, blurple...they're sinking right in. It's just like the real thing!     There's Beachnut looking it over.  Not impressed.   She thinks we'll get stuck in there and end up packed into a barrel of oil.


I finally just stayed over here next to the pond and laid low while she fretted and complained.  I just don't get it.  DO YOU?!?   Can you friends help me understand?!?  OMC she's steamed.
 BTW: Cool purple stegosaur in that pond, huh!
 BTW again:  Check out that cool fossil behind me!  The Hands brought this back to us from their recent vacation.  Right next to that blue-n-white dino's head, you can see a dark colored shell fossil.  That's so awesome!   Perfect for our park.  


Here's Beachnut walking away in a huff.  "This is CRAZY!" she hollered at me.

I think peeps will love it.  I told her, "Hey, the kids will think it's great!"   To which she replied, "You dummy...we don't HAVE ANY KIDS!".

Shesh.  I give up.  I've already started to dismantle the dino park.  Boohoo.

Say, does anyone out there need a TRex or Pterodactyl?  Cheap?    Okay, Free?   OMC this is bad.

Little Pinches,
Surprised Shelldon
and Bothered Beachnut





Thank you all so much, our glamorous Blogville friends,  for joining us in the crawl down memory lane.     Happy Crabby Monday to you all.     BTW:  When is Spring?!?   POL
Ciao and Little Pinches,
Beachnut, Oceana, Shelldon

16 comments:

Unknown said...

We remembered your Jurassic Park. Have a marvellous Monday Crabby Girls and we hope your weather improves soon.
Best wishes Molly

easyweimaraner said...

oh I remember... and I sometimes wish I would be a little smaller and I could spend a wonderful time with you in your crabitat :o)
easy rider

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

All those dinosaurs! Gulp! Thank dog you made all those dinosaurs extinct, it looked really scary.

Unknown said...

Oh, I loved the Dinosaur Park. That was one of the best designs for the Crabitat, I think. Happy Monday
Oz

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

OMP OMP OMP we Remember this... we were SCARED of all the HUGE Meat eating Dinos... butt you were so brave..
Ernie wanted to play in the TAR Pits. butt I was not getting any of that stuck in MY furs...
We STILL think it would be a grrrreat $$$$ maker.

Matilda the Boxer said...

I remember that! I was sad I didn't get a chance to visit before you dismantled it.

My Mind's Eye said...

Hello Darlins' you are probably the smartest Crabby girls in all of blogville you have decided to put your heads in the sand until spring arrives.
We totally remember and still MOL at your flashback with your DYI habitat project
Hugs madi your bfff

Two French Bulldogs said...

Mom wants to live in your house and go on a Dino adventure
Snorts,
Lily & Edward

LBJ said...

I love it! I'm not scared of dinos as I got one from Chewy to help clean my teeth and I just love him.

Abby Lab

Murphy said...

We would wrestle those dinos to the ground! BTW, we keep sending you nice weather but you have a barrier preventing it from getting through!

Your Pals,

Murphy & Stanley

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

We remember....has it really been THAT long ago!

No tellin' what's happenin' in the Crabitat while you are all snuggled under the sand...just sayin'.

Ziggy Stardust said...

I do remember that one and I loved it then and love it now. I loved the speedway also. There is always fun going on in the crabitat.


Love Sasha

Millie and Walter said...

We think hibernating under the warm sand sounds like a good idea right now.

Charliedownunder said...

I wasn't around for that. Bit scary if you ask me. I reckon the Crabby girls should all come to Australia for your winter. They would like my beach and they wouldn't need to hibernate.
AND there's NO dinosaurs!

Sweet William The Scot said...

I think your folks seriously need to get you a heat lamp for your habitat then you would not have to bury yourselves under the sand.
Why you could take turns putting on the UV Protection wear sunglasses and forget Jurassic Park!
Thanks for being a friend
Sweet William The Scot

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

POL!!! We are glad you shared this Sheldon, we missed it the first time!!
Smileys!
Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo