Followers

January 14, 2012

Snicker Saturday...Parade


Hey Everyone!
Crank up those speakers...I have MUSIC for this one!!
Wow, I can't believe it's 2012 already!  Can you?  Well, every New Year's Day my Mom and Mamaw (Frankie's Mom) watch the Rose Bowl Parade.  They love the amazing floats all decorated with real and natural things like flowers and spices.  This year it was held on January 2nd and my peeps watched as usual.  Well, I gotta say it usually leaves me sort of at a loss since there is no toy playing involved, but this year I SAT UP AND TOOK NOTICE!   Why, you may ask.   Why, you may also ask, does this qualify as a Snicker Saturday.

Well, look at what was in the parade:

A surfer chickie dog in a pink tutu!
Look at the length of that float from up in the air!
It can barely turn the tight corner!
Go, little guy, go!

 Great form there!

That's right, sports fans!   There were water surfing dogs in the parade!  BWAR HAR HAR.  Look at those ca-ra-zy pooches hanging twenty!  BOL.  This was a world record breaking, ginormous float.  It was the longest one ever and it weighed way more than 87 pounds too.  Just look at all the water on it.  It was the float for Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance Pet Food company.   It gave my whole house one huge big laugh watching those sporty dogs doing their best surfing work. 


So, there's your chuckle for the day. 
Happy Snicker Saturday, my good furiends!

Grr and Woof,
Sarge, COP





18 comments:

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

I saw that >>> I saw that...
It was REALLY funny to watch the dogs go on their surfboards.
It reminded me of our annual trip to Hona Roo Roo with the Feisty Three.
I have a board you know.

Boo21's Mom said...

I missed it, so thanks for showing us here. Only in California, my crazy State!

Finn said...

Very funny!! We didn't catch that originally, great to see here!

pibble said...

It sounds like you had a great time watching the parade! But, you should give me that candy bar! Did you know Snickers are my favorite? And, doggies shouldn't eat chocolate, so I'm doing you a favor...

We gave you an award - please stop by to pick it up! (http://rescuek9.blogspot.com/2012/01/we-got-award.html)

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

We saw that float too. some pups get to have all the fun. Must be something about that California air.

Happy Snicker Saturday, Sarge.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

Angels Amber and Max DaWeenie and Mom said...

We didn't see the parade but wish we would of seen that float! Pawtastic. (Wonder if me could do dat??)

Boondocks Love Shack Pack said...

I bet that was pretty cool to watch. We'd like to try our paw at surfing one day... it looks like such an exciting sport!!

AROOOOOF!
Boondocks & The Love Shack Pack

Two French Bulldogs said...

mom almost took us to try out. She must be nutty
Benny & Lily

STELLA and RORY from Down Under said...

Hi Sarge, that was so funny. We hope the weather was warm for the surfing. No worries, and love, Stella and Rory

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

Those are some well trained dogs....what a hoot!

XXxoOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

Scooter said...

OH!! That was so funny!! who'd thunk??

wags
Jazzi and Addy

sprinkles said...

BOL, I love it!!!

I missed the parade so I didn't see this. Thanks for sharing it.

Lorenza said...

It was pawesome, right?
Happy Saturday!

Dachshund Nola said...

That's cool!
Dachshund Nola

Bunk said...

Oh! My humans are from California and used to go every year. I of course, have not been to one yet but doggies in tutus? Now I have to convince my humans to take me to one!

Rubie and Poots (her Mum) said...

Wow - those are some talented pooches!!

Tail Wuggles, Rubie

Anonymous said...

Mom and I watched it too :) That was our fav floatie :D Gave us smileys all over again seein it here. Thanks pal! :D

Waggin at ya,
Roo

Sagira said...

We love the Natural Balance float. Always looks like so much fun.

We have been teaching Bokeh how to skate board like Tillman. :)